Friday, April 18, 2014

Sweat is your fats crying

I think my stamina has hit plateau with Body Combat. Ever since I started my internship, I've managed to get my butt to the gym for BC about 3 times a week, a day after another. Though I still sweat buckets but I dont get as tired as I used to and I rarely get sore the next day like before. I knew my stamina was improving cause before this usually Im half dead during the Muay Thai track (2nd last track). If you want to improve in your stamina, I suggest you go for BC and NOT CHEAT during the kicks/lunges/punches/upper and jumps.


The last track of BC is the conditioning track. This is where you do sit ups, push ups and all that jazz. High rep, high intensity. Now, Ive been to hundreds of BC classes by now but i can NEVER finish a conditioning track. I always end up stopping after a few reps. That's when I realize even if my stamina is improving, my muscle strength is relatively weak. And fitness is not just about stamina. I needed to do something about it, I decided to join Body Pump.





 
WHY ARE YOU SMILING ?

Body Pump classes are usually right after Body Combat classes. My first class I went was after a body combat class. I marched right up to the instructor and asked what do I need for my first class. He handed me with 2 1kg plates. I was like.... 2kgs, seriously ? But I just smiled and started the class.


Man........ 2 tracks and I died. Especially the tricep track, I think I only did like 3 reps of everything and I just stood there trying to catch my breath. And there I was the girl with the lightest weight on the bar. AND I COULDNT WALK FOR 4 DAYS AFTER THAT. Crazy, I tell you , crazy. But Ive been doing BC & BP for 2 weeks now. Added more weights to my bar and plates. My muscles and joints are probably cursing me right now but I feel a lot stronger and happier.

 I look forward to my Wednesdays, Thursdays & Fridays a lot more cause of these 2 classes. Oh, and I love how my jeans now hug at the right places . * wink wink *


 

No comments:

Post a Comment