Friday, December 13, 2013

The Social Network

I've decided to delete my Facebook account. If you know me, you would know that this is a huge deal for me. Im VERY clingy with my phone. I need to check all my social networks once every 3-4 minutes. Yes, that's how lifeless I am. Until I met this guy I dated a couple of weeks back. You see, none of us had each other on ANY social network. I didnt know if we had mutual friends or if we've been to the same places before or anything like that at all. We had to get to know each other the traditional way. Of course instead of using text messaging we used whatsapp but everything else was traditional.

 Each time I change my display picture was an entirely new conversation to be had. ( I like to pictures of when I travel. ) We spoke a lot and I realize I knew more about him in a week than more than half of my "friends" on facebook. Then I noticed that this is somehow foreign at this day and age. Its usually " Hey who is that dude? " * Takes out phone - enter name - stalk-add as friend-the end". Doesnt help the fact that facebook now has the " seen " icon on the direct message. Then you're all " holy shit-he saw my message -and didnt reply ". Which is bullshit, really.


So yeah, I've also decided on creating a new twitter account for people whom I know personally ONLY and those who I somehow want to keep updated on. I still have friends who are overseas that I want to keep in touch with so I cant delete it entirely. I guess thats it then.Thank you, Mark Zukerberg and thank you H for making me realize I need a new way to socialize with people.

No comments:

Post a Comment