Friday, March 28, 2014

The internship


Currently doing my internship with IBM Malaysia, Human resource department. Those who know me would question why am I, an IT Noob , a marketing major, working in a Software company and in HR department ? Well lets just say I was selected in Heigip Programme, a program under the ministry of education where they only send 5 students to a specific company. Not only that, I also get paid more than the normal interns here since my salary is not from the company & from the ministry. So fine, software company it is! 

Been working for almost 2 months. Im the only intern in this specific HR department. Im very well satisfied with my job. We have an "open office " environment here and everyone is so nice and they actually give me a sense of empowerment in every task they give me. They dont ask me to do silly things like photocopying and coffee fetching for the boss. 2 months in and Ive actually already personally spoken to IBM managers across Asia. Sure they dont even remember my name by now but hey it sure feels awesome that my communication skills are useful at this point. 

Ive very lucky to have 3 other friends in other HR department in my team. At least I have people to have lunch with. Speaking of, the only place I can have lunch at is One Utama. Burns a hole in my wallet but at least I get to go in Uniqlo every day to checkout their daily deals. 

I'll be working all the way till 25th of July. And Im not allowed to take any leave. Which means my I'll have to put my traveling on pause at the moment. It hurts to browse through my camera roll and post throwback pictures on Instagram. But high speed internet in the office also allows me to research on more places to go to after my internship ends!

No comments:

Post a Comment