Sunday, March 16, 2014

Maldives of Thailand Part 2

I KNOW. I know I'm over a month late. But life has been so overwhelming with my internship and everything, I had to sort things out first. My apologies !

I need to highlight that the snorkelling trips at Koh Lipe is so darn cheap ! You get to stop at 4 points and stay there as long as you like for only RM50 , inclusive of lunch! You dont even have to make prior reservations. Its the same price as walk in. Oh yeah , I should remind you that YOU WILL GET WET in the boat. Even before getting in the water.







Yeah got casually photobombed by a fish......no big deal.



IT WAS THE MOST COLORFUL UNDERWATER SCENERY I HAVE SEEN MY ENTIRE LIFE! The deeper I went, the more colorful the corals are. And the fishes were so exotic ! I spotted a swordfish and was so excited I couldnt keep afloat hahaha. At the last snorkelling point I thought I was alone when I spotted a blowfish. It was just staring at me, so I waved. And made my way back to the beach where I so excitedly told Anna that I saw a blowfish. " Dude, I was behind you. I saw you waving at it" - Anna.


Yeap, thats the weirdo that I am. hahaha. While we were lepaking at the beach the 2nd day we were there,we rented a kayak. It was only RM10 per kayak for 1 hour. So bloody cheap. So we kayak-ed our way from Sunrise beach to an island near the beach. SO FUCKING TIRING. It was funny cause we actually saw some people just walking across the island. And there we were paddling away like mad fools. hahaha 







As for the nightlife, drinks are not as cheap as I thought it would be. But the atmosphere is amazing. Its totally different from Perhentian where everything is so loud and everyone's dancing everywhere. At Koh lipe its a little more quiet but they laid some mats on the beach. So we ended up playing charades and just chatting.


I would definitely make my way back to Koh Lipe after getting my diving license. Planning on taking it in August on my birthday perhaps ? 

No comments:

Post a Comment