Friday, January 31, 2014

Maldives of Thailand : Getting there

I stumbled upon this beautiful island when I was doing some research on where should my next holiday be. I remember googling best beaches in Asia and I found out that someone had rated Koh Lipe as her favourite destination.

At this point, I had already been to Bali, Phuket, Gold Coast, Tioman and others. Ive been to more than 10 beaches in the world and so I had NO expectations whatsoever. I only wanted a place to go to after my final exams. The pictures on Google were somewhat too good to be true, but since it is just an hour away from Langkawi I figured , oh what the heck. The initial plan was just a trip with my old friend Annaliza. Later on my guy best friend wanted to tag along. So there we were the 4 of us.

Anna and I booked our flight about 2 months earlier. My first time on Malindo Air and I must say Im quite impressed. After we arrived at Langkawi Airport, we took a taxi to Telaga Terminal ( RM26). We booked our boat ticket prior to arriving Langkawi ( about RM 240 return). For a somewhat long journey , an hour from Langkawi to Koh Lipe, the sea was choppy so the boat ride was extremely bumpy. So if you are prone to sea sickness, please get your medication ready !


Annaliza and I at the telaga terminal

No comments:

Post a Comment